Monday, February 27, 2006

Missing Jeff

Jeff left on Saturday morning for New York City. He'll be back Thursday night, and we all miss him. On Saturday night, when we were getting ready for bed, we called him to say good-night. On the third ring I began to prepare Ruth for the fact that Daddy might not answer and she might just have to talk to the voicemail, which she seemed o.k. with. Sure enough, the voicemail picked up and Ruth left her message. Then I took the phone from her and hung up. She immediately began bawling--"But, he didn't answer me!!" Fortunately, he called back before the she could get too hysterical. Every morning she says, "I wish Daddy could come back today, but I know he won't be back until late Thursday night...and then I'll see him on Friday." I think he cheered her up a bit last night when he told her he bought her a surprise yesterday. I haven't been quite as emotional about Jeff's absence, but I miss him too. We'll all be glad when he gets home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say